
Well, it is official...we are halfway there. Kelsey celebrated her 1/2 Year Birthday this weekend...with little fanfare...unless you count professional pictures and a trip to the circus :-)
We love this face!!
We aren't sure how big she is--she doesn't go to the doctor for her 6 month check up (and shots and more shots...) until next week--but we are estimating her to be about 17 pounds and she is too long for 3-6 month clothes now, so she is growing like a weed. And at this point, she is strictly a breastmilk girl. We have not had much success in the 'solid food' department with her. She will eat rice cereal, but only when mixed with breastmilk...not formula, not water. We have tried giving her bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut squash. She turns her nose up to all of them. She did eat about a 1/2 jar of apples one day, but didn't want anything to do with them later. I will keep trying, but I am considering jumping to very soft 'real people' food and finger foods to see how she does. She loves to put everything in her mouth, especially paper, just nothing edible.
She is very modest...no more nakey pictures, mom!

In other milestone news...
She is rolling both ways and has been for a month or so. She can roll herself all over the room to get to her brother's toys. Once in a while I catch her pushing up on her knees, but I don't encourage her because I'm really not ready for her to be that mobile yet.
She is rolling both ways and has been for a month or so. She can roll herself all over the room to get to her brother's toys. Once in a while I catch her pushing up on her knees, but I don't encourage her because I'm really not ready for her to be that mobile yet.
She is sitting on her own unsupported for longer and longer periods of time. She loves to sit and play with toys. And she has fun with her brother, too!
She also loves the exersaucer and the jumperoo. See the video below for proof. She really gets bouncing in that thing.
She also spends a lot of time hanging out with us in the Bumbo...while we eat dinner, while we cook, etc. That is our best way to 'involve' her in the kitchen since we haven't dragged the highchair out yet. Now that she is sitting pretty well, we probably should think about getting it out.
She also experienced her first snowfall this weekend. It wasn't much, but enough for a little gal like herself....and more than enough for mommy.
Her latest discovery--her hand. She has been using her hands for quite some time, but just recently took notice of them. She loves to watch them move and can't figure out how to get it off her arm so she can play with it. :-)
And no teeth...yet. We'll keep enjoying her gummy smiles as long as we can!! We love you, baby girl!! You are growing way too fast, though!!
2 comments:
Happy 1/2 B-Day... so cute!
Oh my God, she is a DOLL, Sharon!!!! I can only hope to have such a sweet baby with #2!!!
Post a Comment