To an adult, underwear are not really all that exciting. We are just happy to find a clean pair in the drawer to throw on in the morning. We put our pants on and go about our day and don't think about them again.
To a toddler who has been in diapers for the first 2 1/2 years of his life, underwear are like a Miss America tiara. He wears them with pride and sometimes....wears them on his head! Kyle is crazy about his underwear. He thinks they are the most entertaining piece of clothing ever.
From Shrek to Diego to Elmo and Thomas, he loves them all and gets a little upset that the really good picture is in the back and he can't see it. So he goes into his sister's room to look at his behind in the mirror--I'm still not sure why he doesn't use the mirror in his own room. I guess hers gives him a better look.
Ahhh, the joys of being a kid. The message for today is: try to find the joy in everyday things!
6 comments:
I love it! I'll be checking in! Too funny about Kyle and his underwear! Sam can't decide if he likes briefs or boxer-briefs best. And it's a toss up between spider man, thomas or diego (he's never even seen diego on tv & he still loves that underwear). I just pray I have the "right" pair clean for him each day. Great family pic too!
OMG, that picture of Kyle is SO FUNNY! LOL. Maybe some day I'll get to brag about our underwear triumph.
"it's FUN to WEAR Underwear" - a quick quote from my son when he was Kyle's age - only he said it over and over in a singy-songy way
that is hilarious! I need to show these to Gordon so he gets the idea of how fun it could be to get rid of the diaper :)
My sister used to let my nephew put his undies on backwards so that he could see the better picture easily. It also worked to help him not have accidents -- he didn't want Thomas/Elmo/Diego to get peed on!!
Great blog!
Those are some of the cutest pictures I have every seen!!! Yay for Kyle and his big-boy-undies!!!
Post a Comment