On Saturday, we ventured out to the Midland County Fair. I always enjoyed going as a kid and now that I have a kid of my own, I enjoy it all over again. Kyle REFUSES to ride on any of the rides, so we don't spend much money there, which is a good thing. But I would love for him to ride a ride...in due time, I'm sure.

Kyle's favorite part was seeing the animals. He didn't care for the horses--too big or something-- but he did get up close and personal with the goats. He took his cue from Papa on which animals he was allowed to pet. He is scared of rides, but not afraid to stick his fingers in the face of farm animals. Go figure! He loved the sheep and goats. He petted some pigs, but only their backs because Papa said pigs can be mean and will bite. And the poor cows are going to have a complex because Kyle announced "that cow has a big butt!" as he walked by every cow. Poor cows. But at $3.50/pound, they were proud of their big butts.

As usual, Kelsey was just 'hanging around', taking it all in. She was such a good sport all weekend!
This monkey made a nice living taking money from people for a little show. Kyle offered up a quarter and the monkey snatched it so fast, I couldn't even get a picture. For a quarate

r, he tipped his hat. For a dollar, he would give the crowd a show. No silly monkey there.
Here is the Merry Go Round that we almost got Kyle to ride, but no dice. He agreed to ride with Stephanie, they got in line to buy tickets, they even talked about what color horse he wanted to ride

. But as they got to the front of the ticket line, he told Stephanie "put that money in your pocket, I don't want to ride it!" And he meant it!
But he did like to play this fishing game--win a prize every time! They let him stand on the counter and Nana and Papa helped him snag some fish. He won a squirty fish. I was afraid he would want the stuffed Nemo--which would have cost me $7. Luckily he didn't seem to care and was happy with his $2 prize.
Kyle having fun with Nana and 'Aunt' Stephanie. They were walking and swinging him by the arms--now that's his idea of a fun ride.

Our final stop on the way out of the fair...the tractors. He loves to pretend to drive the tractors. If they were running, he would be 100 yards away!

And despite how fast he is growing up (and getting smarter and sassier by the day) this picture reminds me that he is still just a little boy and to cherish the little things that he finds so amazing in everyday life. He doesn't need an amusement park ride to have a good time. And he never fails to tell us how much fun he had when we take him somewhere. After this night, I heard "Mom, I had fun at the fair!" for the next 24 hours. He is so easy to please....sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment