7 lbs, 4 oz

It is hard to believe that 3 years ago today...almost at this very moment...Kyle was born. His entry into this world was not an easy one...and was a pretty good indication of how life would be with him...not easy! But we wouldn't trade him for anything. He continues to amaze us every day. I know it is cliche, but it is true--we can't imagine our life without him and can't remember what it was like to not have him around. He definitely keeps us on our toes!
Here is a little trip down memory lane: Kyle at 5 months, 9 months, 1 year, 18 months and 2 years old (and getting ready for what would be his baby sister).



Which brings us to today....Kyle woke up to a birthday banner, a Dora balloon, 3 little gifts and a chocolate donut waiting for him in his spot on the couch. He was so excited. As he was opening the first present, he said "what could this be?" and then "YAY! a movie!!". He also got some Cars jammies and a Cars umbrella. He insisted on opening the umbrella in the house--he already has bad luck, so what does it matter? Then taking it to the car...even though it is sunny and going to be 70 degrees today. I did convince him to leave it in the car when we got to daycare.
We brought cupcakes and juice for his daycare party. And goody bags for each of the kids.
We kept asking him how old he is today and he would tell us "I'm 3! I'm not 2 anymore. I got bigger!!" Funny how he does seem a little 'bigger' today.
We brought cupcakes and juice for his daycare party. And goody bags for each of the kids.
We kept asking him how old he is today and he would tell us "I'm 3! I'm not 2 anymore. I got bigger!!" Funny how he does seem a little 'bigger' today.
At this point in his little life, he is about 30 pounds and 37" tall, is potty trained, speaking in complete and compound sentences, likes to do most things for himself, can draw simple objects (balloons, faces, etc.), can ride a tricycle, can get himself completely dressed and undressed, knows his ABCs, colors, shapes, can count to 20, has several books memorized and can sing lots and lots of songs. His diet consists of milk, pancakes, fruit snacks, yogurt and pasta....but we are working on that :-) And just in the last week, the "Why??" phase has started. He is extremely observant and aware of the world around him. He notices right away if something is missing, out of place, or new. He can be very polite and complimentary...when he wants to be. If I wear a new shirt, he is the first to comment "Mom, you have a new shirt! I like your new shirt". He insists on giving everyone kisses and hugs before he leaves the house and before bedtime. He sleeps with his trusty blanket every night. He has great hand-eye coordination and can put puzzles together and do his sticker books all by himself. I could go on and on....he is a pretty amazing kid...when he's not throwing an *out of this world* tantrum! But they say the strong willed, independent kids throw the best tantrums, right?! ;-)
In any case, we are proud of him and what he has become and look forward to watching him grow over the years.
Bill and I are picking him up a little early from daycare today and taking him to Toys R Us and Chuck E Cheese...all by himself. Kelsey is staying home with Claire. He will be so excited.
More pictures to come, I'm sure!
Bill and I are picking him up a little early from daycare today and taking him to Toys R Us and Chuck E Cheese...all by himself. Kelsey is staying home with Claire. He will be so excited.
More pictures to come, I'm sure!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyle!!!!
This is my favorite post so far. I love your boy. I know I don't get to see him very much, but he has already stolen a piece of my heart. Thank you for sharing him with all of us and I think you guys are pretty great parents who are raising a pretty great little guy. We need quality boys in this world today and I appreciate all that you do for him.
I can't believe how much Kelsey looks like that shot of him at 5 months. Wow, I never saw a resemblance before, but is it ever there in that pic.
Happy belated birthday Kyle! I loved hearing about all the cool stuff he's doing. What a smart and fun little boy! And darn cute too! :) Tricia & Sam (& Syd too)
Post a Comment