This past Saturday marked our annual 'Girl's Game' where 4 of us girls get together and go to a Michigan football game. We have been doing this for years and have such a good time every year. Of course, 2 of the last 4 seasons, at least one of us (me!) was pregnant for the game so this was even more fun than previous years because our tailgating could include a couple drinks!
Michigan beat Miami of Ohio (as they should...) 16-6. They really should have won by a bigger margin. It was kind of a boring game, but always fun to be there nonetheless.
We get our tickets from Jen's brother since he lives on the west coast and only makes it back to MI for one game a year. The seats are awesome--front row, end zone. We are so spoiled by the seats--I really don't know if I could go to a game and sit anywhere else now.
Here are some pictures from our seats. This is the marching band holding the banner while the football team runs out of the tunnel.


And this is just to show how close to the field we are--the marching band headed to their seats after the pre-game performance.

Michigan scoring their 2nd touchdown.

The 2 teams at the end of the game

This picture is to show those of you who have been to Michigan Stadium the huge renovations going on right now. They are adding 40,000 seats with suites and a new press box. This same structure is going up on the other side of the field too. We are already the largest crowd watching a college football game anywhere every week with about 107,000 people...after this renovation, they will be able to claim 150,000 people at the game. I don't think any other college stadium will be able to touch that number!! I can't even describe how cool it is to be with that many other people in one place at one time...and how well organized and under control it is.
This is the team and the marching band celebrating after the game. The team goes over to the stands and does a round of Hail to the Victors with the band. It is impressive--such camaraderie!!

Bill and I will be going to the UM game on October 4 with Ray and Jen. I can't wait!
5 comments:
And I'll be babysitting - which in my opinion, will be just as fun!! Ha Ha! Looks like you had a blast - awesome seats!
Love going to college football games, the band the school spirit... too much fun! Last weekend when I was in UT, they were playing U of M and everyone was really into the game. Glad you can have a girl's day.
Miami is my alma mater so I'm glad you got to see them play even if the game wasn't that great. Have fun at the game on the 4th! (Those are awesome seats by the way.)
Wow, what great seats!
Awesome seats, Sharon - and I can't believe they are expanding the stadium that much! WOW! Scot and I lived in Ann Arbor from 97-00. I went to one game and it was amazing - glad you had fun!
Post a Comment