Kelsey and I were grocery shopping tonight. The lady stocking lettuce looked at her sleeping peacefully in her carseat (which she doesn't come close to 'filling up', by the way) and said "awww, how cute--how old is she?" I replied, in my proud mommy voice "she's 4 months old today!"
Her response: Whoa, she's a big one!
Me: Yes, she's healthy
Lettuce lady: She's big for 4 months, huh?!
Me: She is a good eater
Lettuce lady: hahaha
Then I walked away. I'm sure she meant nothing by it. And since Kelsey is exclusively breastfed, I choose to take it as a personal compliment :-)
And we wonder why girls are susceptible to eating disorders :-P
Here are some pictures of our 'big' girl. She still hates tummy time...guess that is part of the reason she isn't rolling over yet.
She really is getting big...her first bath seems like just yesterday. Now she makes that tub look small!
Another favorite pastime--putting everything in her mouth. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tooth poke through soon. She loves to chew on everything and anything she can get to her mouth....like the toys on her activity mat.
5 comments:
She is getting big. You must have some good milk for her. Good for you!
(Just ignore idiots in grocery stores.) :)
I get that comment about Nora all the time. I've gotten in the habit of smiling big and commenting, 'Yeah...I/we grow big babies!'
i never know what to think of those comments either. and I'm convinced the people who make them have no clue what they are talking about. With Sam I'd have one person telling me he's huge and another telling me he's small on the same freakin' day. I think to many people every baby is big. annoying.
oops! Meant to add that I LOVED the update! What a cutie pie.
I love your blog, Sharon!!! All the pictures are amazing!!
We are in the same boat - Leah is very chubby and we still get the "she is big" comments. Even yesterday at the store I got a "he is big" comment. Even though she had turquoise pants on (not really a boy colour, I thought) and PINK shoes!!!
Post a Comment