Friday, October 31, 2008

Caution! Young boy wielding sharp object!

Last night was pumpkin carving time at our house! Kyle was reluctant to help out (he really wanted to watch Dora for the upteenth time this week) but we managed to lure him to the kitchen. He ended up doing a really good job and being much more involved than I expected him to be.
First you have to clean out the *guts*. For some reason, guts is a new favorite word of Kyle's. I'm not sure where he learned it. But I think they cleaned out pumpkins at daycare sometime in the last couple weeks, so maybe they talked about 'guts' there. Who knows!


The sibling rivalry starts young. Even though Kyle already had 2 of these scooper things, one for each hand, it appears as if he is trying to steal Kelsey's away from her too.

Kelsey is thinking, hey you already have 2 of your own!
Really, all she wanted to do was chew on the thing (I really hoped I washed it after carving pumpkins last year...)
Finally, she shows some interest in what her big brother is doing to that pumpkin.

Then he decided he wanted to 'color' the pumpkin. Everytime I said 'carve', he thought I was saying 'color'. I'm not sure why...I don't stutter or slur my words! I let him play with the simple pumpkin I carved. He was so proud of himself after he carved and popped the piece out. And the back of this pumpkin looks like a stabbing victim. Poor pumpkin.

The finished product!

4 comments:

dougnlarry said...

It turned out good, so that's all that matters, right? And they had fun too. :)

A Crafty Mom said...

Very artistic - I am very impressed with the end product. Nice job!! Looks like it was lots of fun too - I'm lol at "guts". Ha ha!!!

sjponte15 said...

Very nice! We didn't even do pumpkins this year, maybe next...

MyOhMy said...

I'm with Kelsey... chew on that thing kiddo!