A real adventure for K & K today...a trip to the Sterling Heights Police Station...to watch their mommy get fingerprinted!
Ok, so it's not as exciting as it sounds, but it was an adventure none the less.
I just got a new job. After 4 years in my current role, it was time for a change. My new job is still with EDS, but on a different account. I won't be supporting GM anymore. My new account is the Navy/Marine Corp account, hence the need for fingerprints. I have to gain security clearance to work on a government account. I have completed an extensive survey, gave away all of my family secrets and subjected myself to a full set of fingerprints on an FBI fingerprint card by a real deal police officer. Hard to believe there is any corruption in government with a security clearance process like this!
Once I pass the security clearance I will get a date to start my new job. It won't be any later than October 6, but I am hoping it is a bit sooner.
I am really excited about the new opportunity and learning a whole new area of business. My new job is very financial in nature and I have zero financial experience. I'm sure I will catch on quickly and love it, but admittedly it is out of my comfort zone. Oh, and the fact that it is a *promotion* doesn't hurt either!
Now off to find myself a used Accounting 101 textbook so I can cram like the old days and have a basic knowledge walking into this job. If anyone has one to lend or sell, let me know!!
Wish me luck!!
If it’s not broken, don’t fix it
5 years ago
4 comments:
Good luck!
:)
congrats on the promo!!
Congratulations and Good Luck! Sounds like a great opportunity.
Oh, you will be perfect for the job.... they made a good choice!
Post a Comment